Thursday 2 June 2011

Keeping on, keeping on.

It has been a while since my last post. I have still been training but haven't had time to sit at a computer and type. My basic knowledge of the first two paired sword kata is coming together in TSYR. Both sets have their challenges and principles I have yet to internalise. However, I can recall and perform all the kata at a rudimentary level now. The taijutsu is also feeling more natural and is more similar to aikido techniques but I am far from competent in any of those. I'm still eagerly awaiting more instruction in tanto work. We have not practised much of this but what I have experienced has been exciting. 

Of late we have been practising kneeling techniques from the Chuden scroll. Some of these are very old jujutsu techniques where both people kneel side by side rather than facing. Techniques are then executed from this position, with some wonderfully, surprising outcomes!

Aikido training continues as always and I am considering inviting my instructor from TSYR (who is also 7th dan Wado-Ryu karate) to come and demonstrate basic Wado strikes at our annual  aikido summer camp. We'll see how that goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment