Monday 3 September 2012

Walking away from Aikido…for now.



After a year and a half of training in both Aikido and TSYR, the toll on work and family has been too much and I have decided to stop my aikido practice. It is with a heavy heart that I do this but it finally completes the transition from one art to another, which was the original topic of this blog. I will keep contact with my aikido club as I trained for nine years with that dojo and know I am always welcome to come back. However, TSYR sets new challenges and I take keppan very seriously. I have made a commitment to learning this old art as well as I can so it may be kept alive and I intend to do that.
I want to take this time to thank Clyde Sutton, my aikido sensei for his time and experience in developing me into the martial artist I am now. If not for my aikido training I do not believe I would have been ready physically or mentally for training in TSYR. I also thank anyone who trained with me on the mat because you people helped by progress as well. One doesn’t get far in martial arts without training partners. I intend to keep in contact with the Aikido club and keep that door open. As my young family gets older and if time allows, I may drift back into aikido training along side TSYR training once more. Time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment