Sunday 15 September 2019

Training is picking up!

I have to say that since beginning TSYR, this is the first year I have really dropped back on my training hours. I had a soft tissue injury that required some rest for 10 weeks around January and February, then my daughter's winter sports kept be away from the dojo through the middle of the year. However, I can safely say that things are looking up. 

The spring training session I had with the Hamilton deshi was the first Saturday I was freed up from winter sports. Then I got to my week night session as well.



I have just spent another busy Saturday training. I went to the scheduled Saturday training session at the Hamilton dojo then one of the deshi who lives in Auckland came out to my place in the afternoon for extra training. It was great to get my body "training warm". You know, that loose, warm feeling where all your muscles are well used from constant force and movement.  I am tired today but in a good way. 

We covered five of the idori te hodoki, then the set involving the two-hand grab from standing and later, knife disarms. 

We had good numbers too. With the Auckland guy down for the day, we had seven on the mat. 

Its good to be back in the training flow!

No comments:

Post a Comment