Friday 18 March 2011

Live sword!

The sword kata continue but I have had the opportunity to draw a live sword and strike with it!  Wow, there is nothing like a live blade to hone concentration. It is true what they say...putting the sword back into the saya (scabbard) is the hardest bit. I even managed to cut my finger with the steel point.

We continue to train with the paired sword kata and I now know the five kata from the first set. Knowing them, of course is one thing, knowing them well is another story.

In my own time I am practicing the internal strength exercises that will lead to a coordinated, strong body for budo. Some of the exercises are very challenging and I'm still trying to work out how to do them correctly.


It will take years before I feel I'm on top of this stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment